Wednesday, June 20, 2007

His Blood

He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean;
His blood availed for me
He speaks, and listening to his voice,
New life the dead receive,
The mournful broken hearts rejoice,
The humble poor believe

A verse from O For A Thousand Tongues to sing, by Charles Wesley.


Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Father thankyou for sending Jesus to die for our sins. I'm glad He chose to die because if He didn't I would still be a slave to sin. Help me each day to overcome and put my sin nature to death, I know it is possible because of Jesus' Blood and the Power of the Holy Spirit you have given me. Help all my Brethren do the same. Have mercy on us, protect us and guide us and strengthen and confirm us until the end, amen!


No comments: