Monday, April 03, 2006

BIBLE texts on the Words, WAY, TRUTH and LIFE.
(see John 14:16)

Here I am posting verses from the Bible that contain either of the english words, WAY, TRUTH or LIFE. (Different versions will be used - the letter and number in the brackets are the Strong's reference for the Hebrew [H] or Greek [G] word behind the english translation).

And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way[H1870] upon the earth. GENESIS 6:12 KJV.

And he said, Blessed be Jehovah, the God of my master Abraham, who hath not forsaken his lovingkindness and his truth[H571] toward my master. As for me, Jehovah hath led me in the way to the house of my master's brethren. GENESIS 24:27 ASV.

And to all the wild beasts of the earth, and to all the flying creatures of heaven, and to every reptile creeping on the earth, which has in itself the breath of life[G2222], even every green plant for food; and it was so. GENESIS 1:30 Brenton LXX.


BIBLE texts on FAITH, HOPE and LOVE.
(see 1 Thessalonians 1:3, 5:8; 1 Corinthians 13:13):

Some, or a lot of the texts I post may not contain any of the words Faith, Hope or Love, this is because I have decided to post verses that contain Hebrew or Greek words that have been translated at least once as Faith, Hope or Love but may not be translated as such every time. Many times they are translated as some other word or words but I post them anyway. So if you wonder why I have posted a text that doesn't have Faith, Hope or Love it is because it contains a Hebrew or Greek word that has been translated as such somewhere else. I have also included words to do with lack of Faith. I Hope that explains things! The highlighted word or words are the ones corresponding to the original Hebrew or Greek. The 1st and 2nd texts are on Faith, the 3rd and 4th on Hope and the 5th and 6th on Love.

1st
Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness[H530] reacheth unto the clouds. PSALM 36:5 KJV.

2nd
To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever[G571], and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. 1 CORINTHIANS 7:12 ESV.

3rd
And thou shalt be confident, because thou hast hope[G1680]; and peace shall dawn to thee from out of anxiety and care. JOB 11:18 Brenton LXX.

4th
But I trust[G1679] that ye shall know that we are not reprobates. 2 CORINTHIANS 13:6 KJV.

5th
And thou shalt love[H157] the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. DEUTERONOMY 6:5 KJV.

6th
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love[G25] your neighbor as yourself. MATTHEW 19:19 ESV.


CREATION:

But if the LORD creates something new, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into Sheol, then you shall know that these men have despised the LORD. NUMBERS 16:20 ESV.


THANKSGIVING:

Lord, today I would like to thank you for my health. I am in good health and have an 'able body', thankyou that this is the case and help me not to take it for granted. Amen.

No comments: