Friday, March 31, 2006

BIBLE texts on the Words, WAY, TRUTH and LIFE.
(see John 14:16)

Here I am posting verses from the Bible that contain either of the english words, WAY, TRUTH or LIFE. (Different versions will be used - the letter and number in the brackets are the Strong's reference for that word)

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden the Cherubim, and the flame of a sword which turned every way[H2015], to keep the way[H1870]
of the tree of life.
GENESIS 3:24 ASV.

And to Sarrha he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a thousand pieces of silver, those shall be to thee for the price of thy countenance, and to all the women with thee, and speak the truth[G226] in all things. GENESIS 20:16 Brenton LXX.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth reptiles having life[G2198], and winged creatures flying above the earth in the firmament of heaven, and it was so. GENESIS 1:20 Brenton LXX.


BIBLE texts on FAITH, HOPE and LOVE.
(see 1 Thessalonians 1:3, 5:8; 1 Corinthians 13:13):

Some, or a lot of the texts I post may not contain any of the words Faith, Hope or Love, this is because I have decided to post verses that contain Hebrew or Greek words that have been translated at least once as Faith, Hope or Love but may not be translated as such every time. Many times they are translated as some other word or words but I post them anyway. So if you wonder why I have posted a text that doesn't have Faith, Hope or Love it is because it contains a Hebrew or Greek word that has been translated as such somewhere else. I have also included words to do with lack of Faith. I Hope that explains things! The highlighted word or words are the ones corresponding to the original Hebrew or Greek. The 1st and 2nd texts are on Faith, the 3rd and 4th on Hope and the 5th and 6th on Love.

1st
For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are faithful.
PSALM 33:4 Brenton LXX.

2nd
But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:6 KJV.

3rd
They too that trust in cities and riches shall come to shame. JOB 6:20 Brenton LXX.

4th
And not according as we hoped, but they gave themselves first to the Lord, and to us by God's will. 2 CORINTHIANS 8:5 Darby.

5th
and doing mercifully to thousands of them that love me, and that keep my commandments. DEUTERONOMY 5:10 Brenton LXX.

6th
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. MATTHEW 6:24 ESV.


CREATION:

And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lifted up my hand unto Jehovah, God Most High, possessor of heaven and earth, GENESIS 14:22 ASV.

And he said, "Behold, I am making a covenant. Before all your people I will do marvels, such as have not been created in all the earth or in any nation. And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the LORD, for it is an awesome thing that I will do with you. EXODUS 34:10 ESV.


THANKSGIVING:

Lord, I want to thank you today for the Pilgrim's Path Daily blog - especially the foto totos, they are my favourite! I have to admit that I can often feel like the pooch in the picture (see foto toto for yesterday's date). Help me to be at ease with [how you have created] me and to enjoy the fact that you made me for a purpose! Amen.

No comments: