Monday, March 26, 2007

TODAY'S BIBLE TEXTS:

1 (A special psalm by David.) Protect me, LORD God! I run to you for safety,
2 and I have said, "Only you are my Lord! Every good thing I have is a gift from you."
3 Your people are wonderful, and they make me happy,
4 but worshipers of other gods will have much sorrow. I refuse to offer sacrifices of blood to those gods or worship in their name.
5 You, LORD, are all I want! You are my choice, and you keep me safe.
6 You make my life pleasant, and my future is bright.
7 I praise you, LORD, for being my guide. Even in the darkest night, your teachings fill my mind.
8 I will always look to you, as you stand beside me and protect me from fear.
9 With all my heart, I will celebrate, and I can safely rest.
10 I am your chosen one. You won't leave me in the grave or let my body decay.
11 You have shown me the path to life, and you make me glad by being near to me. Sitting at your right side, I will always be joyful. PSALM 16

12 When Jesus and his disciples left Bethany the next morning, he was hungry.
13 From a distance Jesus saw a fig tree covered with leaves, and he went to see if there were any figs on the tree. But there were not any, because it wasn't the season for figs.
14 So Jesus said to the tree, "Never again will anyone eat fruit from this tree!" The disciples heard him say this. MARK 11

20 And as they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered away from the roots.
21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Rabbi, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he saith cometh to pass; he shall have it.
24 Therefore I say unto you, All things whatsoever ye pray and ask for, believe that ye have received them, and ye shall have them. MARK 11



TODAY'S CHRISTIAN TESTIMONY:

"What a difference there is when the soul is refreshed in fellowship with God early in the morning! Without spiritual preparation the service, the trials and the temptations of the day can be overwhelming."
From The Autobiography of George Muller.


TODAY'S PRAYER:

Lord, help me to be faithful to you today and to walk worthy of you. Amen.

No comments: