Friday, March 23, 2007

TODAY'S BIBLE TEXTS:

23 Then looking round on His disciples Jesus said, "With how hard a struggle will the possessors of riches enter the Kingdom of God!"
24 The disciples were amazed at His words. Jesus, however, said again, "Children, how hard a struggle is it for those who trust in riches to enter the Kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."
26 They were astonished beyond measure, and said to one another, "Who then *can* be saved?"
27 Jesus looking on them said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for everything is possible with God."
28 "Remember," said Peter to Him, "that we forsook everything and have become your followers."
29 "In solemn truth I tell you," replied Jesus, "that there is no one who has forsaken house or brothers or sisters, or mother or father, or children or lands, for my sake and for the sake of the Good News,
30 but will receive a hundred times as much now in this present life--houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, lands--and persecution with them--and in the coming age the Life of the Ages.
31 But many who are now first will be last, and the last, first." MARK 10 Weymouth Translation.

[Related texts: MATTHEW 6:19-21,24; LUKE 12:15-21; 1 TIMOTHY 5:17-19; JAMES 5:3.]



1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? forever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. PSALM 13 KJV


TODAY'S CHRISTIAN EXCERPT:

It appears to me that believers generally have expected far too little present fruit from their labors among children. They hope that the Lord will some day confirm their instruction and answer the prayers which they offer up on the children's behalf. The Bible assures us that in everything we do for the Lord, including bringing up children in the fear of the Lord, our labor is not in vain. We have to guard against thinking that it does not matter whether we see present fruit or not. On the contrary, we should give the Lord no rest until we see fruit. Therefore, in persevering yet submissive prayer, we should make our requests known to God. I am now looking for many more children to be converted.
From The Autobiography of George Muller.


TODAY'S PRAYER:

Lord, thank you for the Bible; for the Words, miracles and ministry of Jesus that have been recorded by eye witnesses, written down for us in what we call the Gospels. Thank you for the faithfulness of those first disciples of yours that were involved in creating the New Testament documents whether directly or indirectly. Please supply Bibles and edifying Christian literature to those Brothers and Sisters of mine - your Children - around the world that don't have them and are stopped from having them. Amen.

No comments: